Last Updated on June 13, 2021 by Danny
Buying a used drum set is a great way to save money on the cost of owning one. You can find used instruments for sale online at sites like Craigslist, Amazon, or eBay, but they will almost always be more expensive than buying them in person from someone who has their own store.
The reason for this is that the seller doesn’t have to worry about advertising and shipping costs if you come into their shop, so they usually charge less than what it would cost to buy an instrument over the internet.
We all know what it’s like to be a musician: you need that perfect drum set. Buying an already used electronic drum set or acoustic can be a daunting task for any musician but sometimes, the budget doesn’t allow for this kind of purchase. Fear not! There are many ways to find cheap used drum sets on demand if you just take the time to do your research!
Many things go into buying a used drum set, including cost, quality, and even size. This article will teach you how to find cheap deals on demand when looking for used drum sets so that you can keep playing music and continue making great sounds with your bandmates!
Contents on this page
- Do I Need Used Drums or New Ones?
- Why You Should Consider Buying A Used Drum Set?
- What Are Some Good Brands Of Used Drums For Sale?
- What are the Benefits of Buying Used Drums?
- What should you look out for when buying Cheap Used Drum Sets and Cymbals Online?
- Where can you buy a good quality used drum set without spending too much money?
- Common Mistakes When Buying a Drum Set On eBay, Amazon and Craigslist
- Why buying new drums is not always the best option?
- FAQ’s about Used drums
- In summary:
Do I Need Used Drums or New Ones?
Advanced drummers may scoff at the idea of used drums with an “old” sound. However, there are plenty of benefits to buying a used beginner drum set that can’t be matched by new models.
For one thing, you don’t have to worry about getting something outdated or out-of-date in values and needs for your tastes–you’ll know exactly what you’re getting as soon as it’s bought.
Secondly, they’re cheaper than their counterparts! This is especially good news if you want to buy many drums without breaking the bank.
In general, you can expect a used drum set to be worth 20 percent of what it was brand new depending on the model year and condition. In fact, most secondhand sets available on sites like eBay are anywhere between 50% off and 80% less expensive than purchasing them from retail stores such as Guitar Center or Sam Ash Music store.
Why You Should Consider Buying A Used Drum Set?
Buying used drum sets is a great way to save money on your purchase. There are many benefits of buying used drums, including purchasing a more expensive set for less than you would pay retail; saving up to 50% off the cost, and even getting free shipping!
If you’re looking for the best deals online then look no further because we’ve compiled this list of all the top places where you can find cheap prices on any kind of drum set that will make it easy and affordable for anyone who’s interested in playing music or just wants an instrument as a hobby.
What Are Some Good Brands Of Used Drums For Sale?
– Ludwig drum sets are used by professionals all over the world. Ludwig offers many different models with a wide variety of colors to choose from. The company has been in business for over 150 years and is renowned worldwide not only because they provide durable, high-quality drums but also because they offer great customer service.
– Pearl Drums have been around since the beginning of rock n’ roll and still produce wonderful sounding instruments today. Pearl provides an extensive catalog that ranges in price from $499-$2299 depending on what you’re looking for as well as some color choices like black, blue sparkle, or green pearl finish. They also offer their top line Elite series which includes options like brass shells finished in copper plating.
– The condition of the drums. You want to make sure they’re not dented up and rusty because that will affect your playing quality.
– Drum sizes: if you have a large or small room, try to find used drum sets in those sizes so it’ll be easier for you to get them to fit into your space.
– Make sure there are no cracks on any cymbals–a cracked cymbal can destroy all the sound coming out of it!
What are the Benefits of Buying Used Drums?
Some of the benefits of buying used drums are having a cheaper price, finding quality instruments in good condition that can be refurbished to look and sound like new. If you have ever shopped for used drums before, then you know it takes time to find what you want at an affordable rate.
You could buy from private sellers or online dealers but they usually only sell one type of drum set: Rock Band Drums (Drum Set). The Internet is your best option when looking for deals on used drum sets; eBay seems to offer some competitive prices every now and again.
- Buying used drums may be a cheaper alternative to buying new ones. But you can always look for new cheap drum sets.
- Used instruments are usually available in all price ranges, so there’s something for everyone.
- You can get a good deal on used drums without sacrificing quality or sound.
What should you look out for when buying Cheap Used Drum Sets and Cymbals Online?
Used drum sets come in all shapes and sizes, so it is important to know what you are looking for. You can buy used drums from a private seller or a second-hand retailer such as the Music Exchange on eBay. There are several things that you should be mindful of when shopping for used drums: condition, cost, quality and size/functionality.
If buying privately then check online reviews first to see if there has been any complaints about how well they have been looked after. A good way to test this out would be by starting up one of the cymbals with your fingernail (you want them to sound crisp). Check around the edges of each piece for signs of damage and watch out for any cracks or splits in the drum skins.
Maintain Cost –
If you are looking to buy second-hand then be aware of how much it will cost if you want to get anything repaired, replaced, or upgraded later on down the line.
Be mindful that used drums may not have been made by a professional manufacturer and therefore they may not sound as good as new ones would. It is worth checking online reviews from other musicians who have bought them before to see what their experience has been like with such purchases.
You should also watch out for any signs of rust that can appear inside where there is water damage (such as near seams), this could affect the quality of your tone since metal expands when wet due to the temperature change.
“It’s worth noting though, if you are buying second-hand then there will likely be less flexibility in terms of size/functionality options which could be an issue for certain kinds of players (particularly those looking to play at different venues).”
Where can you buy a good quality used drum set without spending too much money?
Buying a used drum set is not as easy as it might sound. It takes careful consideration of what you’re looking for, and how much money you are comfortable spending?
If your budget is tight, then this article will help to find the cheapest deals on demand.
Drum sets can be found in many places; pawn shops, secondhand stores like Goodwill or Salvation Army, garage sales, online classifieds such as Craig’s List or Kijiji, etc., so there are plenty of ways to get a good deal without having to spend too much time shopping around
The best place I have found so far has been through my local Craigslist ads – they offer both used and new drums at reasonable prices all year round, as the ads are posted on a monthly basis, and used drums aren’t always in demand.
My favourite place to find quality used drum sets is eBay – they have many listings for used drum sets at any time of year
A good idea would be to scour local classifieds such as Craig’s List or Kijiji etc., which offer both new and used items from people selling their old gear
If you’re looking for a specific brand like Ludwig or Gretsch, then check out some online secondhand sites that deal exclusively with those brands (for example ebay.com) because these companies often sell higher-end models than your average pawnshop dealer might carry?
Common Mistakes When Buying a Drum Set On eBay, Amazon and Craigslist
– Do not buy used drum sets with a plastic finish. The chemicals from the plastics can ruin your drums and make them sound bad in addition to making it tough on your hands when playing.
– Never purchase used drum sets that are too expensive or you will pay more than they’re worth.
– Consider whether you need an acoustic or an electronic drum set.
– Ensure you have enough space to store the used drums and that they fit properly in your house or apartment.
– Stay away from used sets with a lot of stickers on them because it often means someone put extra money into making certain aspects stand out more than others, but this also can make cleaning difficult without ruining those areas too much.
– Avoid buying used drum sets if you plan on selling them again later since there is no warranty for resale and what was cheap is now expensive when sold again due to wear and tear.
– Know how much height difference there will be between different parts of the kit so you’re not constantly banging your sticks against cymbals while playing (or vice versa).
– If you are buying a used drum set, then it’s worth putting in some time to research the different brands and models of each type of drum so you don’t end up with an inferior product that needs repairs or replacement parts sooner than expected.
– Make sure any used drums have been tuned before purchasing them because otherwise, there is nothing more frustrating than spending hours tuning your new kit only to find out one part isn’t working right.
Why buying new drums is not always the best option?
Buying a used drum set is not always the best option. A new drum set is usually about halfway up in price from purchasing used, but you do not know how many times they have been played or taken care of and will most likely have more issues than if they were bought used.
When buying used there are few things to look out for such as cracks, dents, missing pieces, and damaged heads which can all cause problems with playing your instrument. However, these damages can be fixed by replacing some parts on the kit that may need fixing or just by upgrading them (newer kits might include better quality hardware).
A nice aspect of getting a used drum set would be their age because generally this means they have lasted longer without any issues.
When buying used, the buyer is usually more informed about what they want because of past experience with their own set so it might not take as much research when looking up information that would have been necessary had they bought new. Selling a used drum set will net one less item to worry about taking care of and the money gained can go towards an upgrade that could be better suited such as something higher quality or even just another kit (so there’s no need to buy two).
Buying used does come with its pros but buyers should always make sure they know everything before they buy used.
FAQ’s about Used drums
Do drums hold their value?
Drums, like all instruments and equipment used in the music industry, hold a certain amount of value. The level at which they retain that value depends on several factors including:
- how much time has passed since their purchase date (newer drums will have more resale value than older ones)
- whether or not the drum is still being manufactured today
- what type it is – acoustic vs electronic; snare vs tom; etc.
How much is a used Pearl drum set worth?
The average worth of used pearl drum set is about $300 in excellent condition.
Buying a used drum set is an option that should not be overlooked because there’s nothing wrong with playing “used” if the price is right! You can find them on sites like eBay or Amazon but make sure you do some research beforehand so that you don’t get tricked into paying more than necessary for something less than desired.
And remember – always have the seller pack up and ship any item back within 14 days (in case of buyer regret!) This ensures that once received by the purchaser, he/she has ample time to inspect and determine whether or not the item is as advertised.
When you’re shopping for used drums, it’s important to know what brand they are (e.g., Ludwig) because this can have a big impact on the price of which you’ll be willing to pay). Perhaps your local music store sells used equipment that may be in good condition…or maybe Craiglist will surprise you with someone selling an original drum set at half-price!
These sellers usually post pictures so make sure to check them out before making any purchases online – take advantage of these people who want nothing more than help sell their gear quickly and efficiently. Either way, just remember: always ask questions first and read all descriptions carefully! A little research goes a long way!
We hope you must have learned from this article that how to find quality used drum sets without spending too much money.